HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fletching problem
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Soilarch

Default RE: Fletching problem

I have no experience with the Arizona or the "new" blazers. Apparently I stocked up right before they changed/introduced the "new" ones.

I use a Jo-Jan (cheaper and not as adjustable as a blizt...but still all metal and same basic design) Blazers and recently switched to Loctite Ulra Gel (Superglue...but "Superglue" is too generic. They are different).

I've never had a problem. I used Bohnings Platinum for a long time. I'll never go back. Buy some Loctite Ultra Gel (Black or grey container with blue 'wings') and try it first since it's a $2.90 proposition. Then try finding alternative vanes. A $20 proposition.

(Tthere a LOT of Blazer alternatives out there now. Flex-Fletch Flash, AAE max hunter, Duravane Predators are a few that many guys are liking...preferring even...to the blazers over at "AT".)

Then you can go get a Jo-Jan or Blitz if you want. I don't regret my jo-jan or not. I can put more helical on my blazers than the shop can. (I told them "as much as possible"). But I'll spring for blitz next time. I was poor then, still poor now (college) and I ran across the jo-jan used.