HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Skinny on the Big Cougar cougar
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 04:58 AM
WhiteRaven
Banned

Default RE: The Skinny on the Big Cougar cougar

Finally a reliable source. " JJhack" there are so many stories floating around out there it' s hard to tell what if any is the real deal. The picture itself looks almost unbelievable but if memory serves me correct you' re not an overly large person. Putting that into perspective I' d say the cougar was probably around the 200 pound mark. There' s been stories that it was taken in Bellevue, Region 4 by Ron Hislar, that it was harvested by an unknown hunter in Region 2 and registered in Olympia, and even one that it wasn' t harvested in Wa at all but in Texas. You know how once that ol' rumor mill gets going its almost unstoppable. And sometimes legitimate claims begin to sound bogus due to all the conflicting information that is out there. And I gotta be honest here the picture looks surrealistic. There' s even some guy on the Bowsite claiming he knows you real well but comes along and gives several renditions of the story and then says that it isn' t you in the poicture. Can you see my problem with this. I mean even a guy that claims to have all the stats regarding this kill and claims he knows you well doesn' t even recognize you in the pic, even though I believe that to be you. Let' s have the name of the hunter who took it. It' s only going to take a second to verify the kill. Only 7 male cougars were registered in Region 4 where the cat was supposedly taken. Someone on another site (The Bowsite) claims that " no it wasn' t taken either in region 4 but was taken in Region 2, where only 6 male cougars were harvested by hunters. I' m looking at a list that contains 13 names along with the cougar hunter reports that accompany them.