HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone experiencing the "lull"
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 06:08 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone experiencing the "lull"

once a bird is roosted, its most likely staying there till morning.

i dont believe there is a gobbleing lull...theres a turkey, somewhere, thats gunna talk. just gotta find that turkey. i cannot remember in 10yds when i didnt hear a turkey that i should have heard atleast gobbling on the roost...knowing that they are there and the weather was half decint...

heck, ive watched a longbeard be towed around by a hen in a foot of snow in december gobbling and strutting like it was spring...

could be alot of things effecting the birds...weather...hens...pressure....moved....your being busted and dont even know it...(had that happen more than once...got too close and they never said a peep...stayed on the limb till i walked farther and busted them off the roost...) even if they are done breeding they are still in the mood and looking for hens...it is true that they will fire up and calm down in somewhat of a cycle...but you still aughta here birds atleast on the roost gobbling naturally if nothing else...

ive never seen them ALL completely shut down if weather and everything else was decint. but, i havent seen it all in 10 years...lots to learn still....

good luck...id say keep hunting...you'll find one that talks sooner or later...