HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gobbler down!! Video Link Now Posted on Page 2
Old 05-05-2008, 08:54 AM
npockat32
Nontypical Buck

Default Gobbler down!! Video Link Now Posted on Page 2

Went out with my brother Saturday morning (5/3/2008) and setup on the edge of swamp/hardwoods on the intersection of 3 logging roads. It was raining on and off that morning as we were walking out there and setting up the blind. We got setup around 4:50 am and it was still pretty dark out since it was cloudy out that morning. He was hunting this property all week long with no luck and this is the 1st time he setup here because he could hear a lot of gobbles coming from where we setup.

I waited till about 5:20 am to start some soft yelps. About 100 yards off one gobbled. I called every so often to let him know we were there and he gobbled back every time. At about 5:30 we had a lone hen walk through and she never made a peep. I let her pass and started to call again and he still was gobbling but this time I told my brother he was getting closer. At about 5:40 he saw a red head on the logging road ahead of us. I had the camcorder on him and zoomed in on him to see if he was a tom or a jake. It was a tom and he was like 30 yards off. We had deeks set up 10 yards from the blind and I wanted him to come in struttin all the way cause he was alone.

But it was my brothers 2nd year turkey hunting and he was really excited and he wanted to shoot now he said. So I had the camcorder on the bird and he shot. He went down like a ton of bricks. I am waiting for the video yet so I can edit it. I will post it up very soon.

It was a lot of fun being out there with my brother and actually getting one on film. Great hunt!! Here's some pics:

He had 1 1/4" spurs, 10 1/2" beard, and he only weighed 18 pounds.