HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who got you into bowhunting and shooting?
Old 01-21-2002, 06:57 AM
Bulzeye
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who got you into bowhunting and shooting?

I've told you who got me into archery (my Dad), but forgot to mention my best friend Steve. He's my wife's best friend's husband. The girls were maids-of-honor at each others weddings this last May. You got all that?

Anyway, when Steve and I met I had been shooting for 20 years but never hunted with a bow. He had been into archery for only 6 years and had been hunting with his bow for 5.

We hit it off right away, because the main reason I never got into it, was that I didn't know anyone else who did it. I didn't know where to go or what the regulations were. I had only heard how much power Game Wardens have and what they can do if they find you doing something wrong.

I guess that was a little silly, but I wasn't willing to take the chance and find out the hard way. Now that I've been hunting for 2 years, my wife can't get me out of the woods. My friend Steve has a job with a lot more flexible hours than mine, so he gets out there a lot more than I do. But, about half the time I go we hunt the morning together, grab lunch around 11:00, and end the day with some scouting for future setups.

I want to teach my kids to shoot a bow and to hunt, but I guess I would need to have kids first. I think my wife would like that too. It would get me AND the kids out of her hair.

Keep 'em all in the Bull.