HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need quick help for morning hunt now!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:45 PM
usahoe18
Spike

Default I need quick help for morning hunt now!!!

K guys, set up right off a powerline this evening right where the tom was gobbling this morning. He came to edge of powerline about 7:50. He was roughly 40yds to my right and kind of behind me. I'm right handed so I couldnt have swung to my right to shoot. He looked as if he was heading back down the powerline into the bottom, so I barely eased my gun barrel like 2 inches max and I guess he saw me. He went back into the woods and started puttin' walking off.

He gobbled 6 times after this without me callingin the woodshe came out of from 8-8:30pm. I did a couple soft yelps and got my decoy and flapped it like it was a hen flying up. Should I set up in the same place I was this evening tommorrow morning? How spooked do you guys think he is with him puttin' but not really spooking off bad?

I've had this bird gobble up to 20 in the early season but just couldnt get right on him. Havn't had much luck the past couple weeks with him, but where I'm at is his strut zone and his home turf.