HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:11 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Okay, what is the most expensive gun you own, and are willing to hunt with it?

safe queens? haha......I'm not sure I'd ever own a safe queen no matter what it were worth.....

I dont collect rifles, perhaps if I ever do then I can understand a safe queen, but even then, i can see spending some big bucks on a amazing rifle, id want to use it occasionally.

That .577NE original I want will cost a few bucks, and if/when I ever get one, I plan to use it......

a nice dakota will run upwards of 7-8k, and for that price youre buying a rifle thats designed to be used! so with that in mind the rifle would have to be worth more than that to think about it being a safe queen....

I'm curious what these safe queens are you that you say.....? is it value? is it sentimental value? are they just retired rifles?

guns get dropped....nicks get put in them, thats what happens when hunting...... when going hunting Id pick the best rifle option I have to use.....I wouldnt skip on using my .300 win mag on elk and take my .243 because my .243 is a junker.....and really why own a junker? if all your rifles are in the same class, I think maybe you wont worry about one over the other as much.