HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Missouri success! *pics*
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Grasshopper13
Typical Buck

Default Missouri success! *pics*

Hi All!

Had a great morning in MO. I was lucky to hunt with my cousin, Monty, who also posts here and was able to call in a nice bird for him this morning. I'll wait and see if he wants to post some pics and a story, but I gotta tell you...his bird was HOT this morning and we had an absolutely awesome hunt.

We took his bird in and grabbed a couple snacks after we finished up with his pictures, and cleaning his gobbler. It was 10:10 a.m. and we decided to try a new spot not far from his house. So we get there and walk for a ways in the woods and start seeing some fresh sign and decide to call. Nothing answers so we go on in a ways more and Monty says he thinks he hears a gobble. The wind was blowing some, and I didn't hear it, but trust his ears so we just sit and wait for a few seconds. Still nothing so we go on in a little further, and then I heard it. Sounded a ways away, and I really didn't think he could even hear us, but we setup and tried him. Turns out there were two. We decide we'll move a little closer, and set up again. He calls and one answers him...then both. To make a long story short, about 15 miuntes later at 10:50 or so, I nailed this 19.5 # 2 year old, right in front of his buddy! He had a 9.5" beard and 7/8" spurs. What an awesome morning! we didn't hear a great quantity, but the ones we heard were working well!

Here's a few pics of my bird......if he doesn't post his story, I'll share it a little later.

That's me on the left and Monty on the right. What a morning!

GH