HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on Walther P22
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 06:47 PM
IowaBoy01
Spike

Default RE: Opinions on Walther P22

I had one. I did not like it all that much. When I bought it i thought it would be a nice pistol because it has all of the features that .22 handguns normally don't have like a exposed hammer,half cock, double action, and interchagable palm grips. It's basicly a P-99 but 25% smaller. But i was dissapointed with it. When fired in double action it did not seem to have enough power to fire the round most of the time, like about 60% of the time it would not go on the first trigger pull. Also I though the gun was unessasarily complicated. Because you had to have a little stamped metal wrench to take down the barrel. There is a little nut on the end of the barrel that has to be unscrewed in order to take the barrel off. And the barrel was not a full sized barrel either. It was just a pencil thin insert inside the barrel shroud. And on top of all of that i could not hit anything with it. But i got it back when they first came out so i just read recently that they have been improved but I don't know. Thats just my opinion.