HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - job help
Thread: job help
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 10:01 AM
sachiko
Little Doe Peep

Default RE: job help

You're not the only person to give this a voice. But we have many voices all giving different solutions, most of them focusing on rights. You have the right toa high school diploma, even if you can barely read. You have the right to a job even if you can't fulfil job requirements. You have the right to medical care paid by someone else. You have the right to complain bitterly if your employer requests that you contribute to the cost.

Unions insist on the right to "union wages" even if this drives the cost of the product higher than Americans are willing/able to pay. Why does the government have to spend so much money? The dollar is declining steadily in value because of our government's incredible borrowing, thus steadily increasing the cost of all the products that we are now buying from other countries instead of making ourselves. Apparently we have plenty of petroleum available right here in our country, but we've been sucking up to the environmentalist lobby for so long that it would take us years to tap those sources even if we started today. They claim they have the right to an unsullied wilderness no matter what it costs us peasants.

I have no problem with helping people who need a hand. My mom got subsidized housing, day care, and food stamps after I was born. But she got a job, worked her tail off, became self-sufficientand raised me to understand that I had to be responsible and help out. (Okay I was seriously irresponsible once, but I got a good beating for it and it never happened again.) Kids are raised with the idea that the government is supposed to take care of us. All you have to do to qualify for welfare is to have a baby. We have made being a welfare mama a career for cryin' out loud.

We need to start making it clear that we have to be responsible for our own status. We have to start flunking kids out of school who are not doing passing work. We have to enable employers to fire people who can't or won't do the job. We have to start expecting people to work for a living. You can't find a job for $40 an hour? Fine, take one for less. 99.9% of the kids at my school have cell phones and are on them constantly between classes, even the ones whose mothers are on welfare. What a waste. I got my first cell phone when I got pregnant and I only got it because I was pregnant.

What's with all the fat? An absolute lack of self-control. I kept my tail at 27 1/2 inches all the time I was pregnant. I have actually lost 1/2 inch since I delivered. People eat out on fatty crap most of the time it seems. Check out the all you can eat buffets. Some of those people must go 400 pounds or more. Alcoholism and drug addiction are not diseases. They're nothing but bad habits. Do you have a drinking or drug problem? Quit. Do you know someone with a drinking or drug problem? Tell them to quit.

This rant is about self-control and personal responsibility. I think restoring the obligation to self-control and personal responsibility would put our country back on the right path.