HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hey Antelope Hunters!! Question . . .
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Elkcrazy8
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey Antelope Hunters!! Question . . .

Make sure that your time in the blind is spent comfortable. I set up my blind early and put carpet on the floor. I use a large folding lounge chair to kick back in. Bring plenty of food and water and a good book with you.

Sitting can be crazy at times, but when you have an active hole, who knows what can happen. Blind hunting during the rut seems to work well. I have noticed that the bucks will come to water more often throughout the day as they are running stupid.... Make sure that you are blacked out well in the blind, turn a black t-shirt inside out and wear a black hat. Shoot through netting works well and keeps them from seeing you, the only thing that will bust them quick at this point, is making noise. Make sure that everything is set up for a quiet draw and release. I do a couple of dry runs to make sure that I am not making any noise while grabbing my bow and positioning myself for the shot.

I don't play dirty pool while on public land, but know of methods to keep the goats from watering at adjacent holes when hunting private land, this will increase the odds for lopes watering at your hole.

You can make your own crossing points on fence lines, but you need to make sure that you wont be interfering with cattle operations, It is possible to train their habits to benefit you.

I guess that I am more prone to hunting water holes in our area as there is slim pickens when it come to vegetation, check out the background in our photo, you can see that spot and stalk is out of the question!!!!