HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broadhead question
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 12:00 PM
turkeyreaper
Fork Horn

Default RE: Broadhead question

slicendice is correct, large cutting diameter is best. I am a Rocket man, but I switched to the NAP Gobbler Getter for turkeys because it has a blunt head. This means that you don' t have to lower your draw weight and grains, Most of all it will allow most of the energy produced by the arrow to be absorbed by the bird.
If posible you wan' t the arrow to stay in the bird, they don' t go to far than. You can also by attachments that slow down your arrow that goes on in-between the broadhead and the shaft. The only problem with this is that it will add weight to your broadhead thus throwing off your sight.

Also keep in mind of shot placement, this is very important. another good thing about the Gobbler Getter is that it has a shot placement card in the package.

Blinds are a big one and they very in price and size all I can tell you is you don' t want it to flap in the wind, it must be tite. birds don' t mind the blind but movement as you know, will kill you. you want one that takes down and puts up easy preferably one that you don' t have to stake down.

Bring your decoys in close and face them toward the blind, most birds will face the decoys bringing him in nice and close.

hopfully I didn' tblow you away with all the info

Good Luck!!!!!