HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Patterning the Knight TK 2000
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 02:09 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default Patterning the Knight TK 2000

I wanted to pattern the Knight TK 2000 today. I loaded 110 grains of American Pioneer 2f powder, then an over the powder card, a long shot wad, 2-1/2 ounces of #5 shot, and an over the shot card. I shot at the bottom white color of a Pepsi Cube box. The open fiber optic sights were read easy to pick up and see in the woods. For that reason I might not put a RED DOT on the shotgun. Also I have shot a lot of turkey but never one that far out....

This was an olive can that I set on top of that box for the second shot. I wanted to see what kind of penetration the shotgun would have at that distance and also to see if I could even shoot that far. This was free hand shooting. And there were none pellets in that can that totally penetrated that can at that distance. I was kind of impressed.

This was a Birchwood Casey Shoot N-C sticker. I had shot it earlier with the White to cause that large hole. But at 25 yards which is normally what I shoot at when I hunt turkey, I have a feeling that the Knight Shotgun would have put a few into the neck and head of any Tom that I was shooting at.

I shot the shotgun a total of 20 times.. I will say it kicks like a rented mule and with the APP smokes like an chimney.. A lot of fun to shoot. I did try shooting out to 50 yards, but I was shooting at a soda can and off hand did not hit it. I then shot off a set of sticks and put two pellets into it. Whether that would have been enough for a turkey, its hard to say. I was not using the Knight shot wads.. I had bought some for the New Englander so I still want to work a load up with a couple of them. I was mostly interesting in how much this thing was going to jump, how well it pointed, and how it grouped. Without a jacket, there was some recoil but nothing I could not handle. It was a lot of fun actually.

What I liked about this Knight is I could load it without taking the choke off... I had the 209 breech plug in and ignition was flawless. Also today I used Slick 50 One Grease as a breech plug anti seize. That stuff worked perfect.