HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does Anyone hunt with a Chessie?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 07:00 PM
reswire

Default RE: Does Anyone hunt with a Chessie?

I own two chessie pups, one 5 mos. one 6 mos. Both are really great dogs, but they are independant thinkers!The 5 month old is a breeze to work with, learns quick, great personality and is an avid swimmer. The older pup is trying hard to be dominant,something I hearchessies will try constantly. She trains well and quickly when she wants to,,,. A friend of mine introduced me to an e-collar, and with little use, only when absolutely necessary,she has come a long way. Both love the water, and stick to my wifeand I like glue. We live on the water, and the biggest problem is keeping them out of the bay. As soon as the door opens, splash, they're in!!

If I were young and pressed for a social life, girls, friends, etc.,,, I probably wouldn't recommend a chessie.I work 30-40 minutes each day with each dog, and the results are really worthwhile. Any less, and I think I wouldprobably disappointed. I did have a lab previously, and he was an awesome dog as well.He was probably more suited to the younger set, someonewhowill be on the go, around lots of other folks and dogs as well. Chessies like to see familiar people and places, I believe they really don't care for change as much as a lab.

Good luck either way, Chessies are definitely mypersonal favorite, but my labwas an awesome dog as well.