HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY

To Gunny - I have no clue why these two BBB UTV's seemed not to work well. The idea seems very good. For sure these are much, much quieter than the gas buggies. And they look tough. Lifted, aggressive tires and all.

We hunt about 3200 acres. Some of the woods roads are barely "paths" and there is good deal of up-down. Some up it very steep. There is plenty of deep mucky, gooey "gumbo" mud holes ... not that sloppy watery stuff. This stuff is heavy and sticks to everything. The BBB's just did not seem to be able to manage the sort of power demands, day in and day out that working against his sort of muck demands.

When Doc was left stranded at the far end of the lease, sitting in the middle of a low spot that had been covered in about 1 foot of water after a torrential down-pour, he had had it and sold his BBB. I think his buddy Stan sort of mirrors what Doc does. So Stan sold his as well.

As far as Rhinos, Rangers, etc. getting "stuck" in one of them is no problem to accomplish. I can and have done that with my Ranger. I still have not found the hiking boot that the knee deep gunk I drove off into sucked off my right foot. Ain't looking for it !! All I have to say about that event is thank the Lord for a winch and snatch blocks ... and curses to the skidder that made that rut. I deserved to get stuck driving off into that mess.

Seeing what I saw these two guys go through last year has just put me off the BBB.