HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Idaho elk gone......
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Buckshot
Typical Buck

Default Idaho elk gone......

Anyone else see this? man this is disheartning. Can any of you idaho guys add anything?

also have this information myself in my Master wolf file Ive been building. Not only that the Largest Elk herd of the North West from the Selway is GONE guys. 26,000 elk in 1996 and four head have been seen at the Winter Ranges along the Clear Water In Idaho. As well the Middle Fork of the Boise River used to have 10,000+ elk Wintering along this River from Atlanta to Lucky Peak, Ive driven this road three times this Winter and I have glassed 160 head. The South Fork of the Boise River should have 8,000 head along that drainage and Ive seen 57 elk in there. The Payette River between Grandjean and Lowman Idaho where I grew up and still spend time at should have 4500 head of elk in those wintering spots, I located 54 cows, no bulls, no calves. I found 300 elk in the King Hill Area South of Bennett Mountain, there should be 5000 head there.
http://idahohuntingtoday.com/blog/index.php/2008/02/29/where-have-all-the-elk-gone-long-time-passing/