HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mathews legacy.....
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 08:39 AM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews legacy.....

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

I think David Blanton still hunts with one of these. Great bow. Two of the most experienced bowhunters in this area still hunt with Mathews Outback bows - they could afford any bow they wanted. Apparently, lighter and faster is not worthgiving up smoother and more forgiving.
I agree, some guys also have the attitude of why fix what aint broken. One of my hunting buddys stillhunts with his 2002 modle, its a bit beat up and well used but it still shoot as good as the day it came home brand new. My brother has one as well,but his2003 Legacy is still like brand new, (less than 200 shots through it) he bought it right before hegot married. Thenforwhat ever reasonafter he got married hegave up what little bowhuntinghunting he did.In all honesty the Legacy is not that far behind todays top bows. Itshasok speed (IBO rated at 308) (no its no barn burner) but its not slow either. In terms of weight itsbit heavierat 4.36 poundscompared tocurent Mathews bows that are comming in around 3.75 pounds. As faras smoothness and forgiving goes its still right up there with the best of them. Yes its a bit outdated but all in all its still agoodall around hunting bow. Ifyour looking to buy one used you can get a heck of a good deal from time to time if you look around, online and in shops that deal with used bows.