HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Will this HURT my gun?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 09:36 PM
kdsberman
Nontypical Buck

Default Will this HURT my gun?

Sorry if im asking the same question over and over, but after I've heard about the "ported choke" and "Federal Flight Control" issue, ima little worried. Im waiting for the weather to get better to pattern my gun. What my problem is, is that I bought a Primos Jellyhead choke tube for my 835, and also a box of Federal turkey loads w/Flight Control. I dont have a ton of money to spend on different brands and thought that this Flight Control would be great. Then I found out that you dont use them with ported chokes, like the Jellyhead. Wouldnt you think that the choke being ported it would pretty much just take away the "Flight Control" feature and act as a regular turkey shell? Also, will this combination hurt my gun/choke?I bought these shells at a place about 50 or so miles away and probably wont take them back, so im kinda stuck with them. Didnt know about the whole issue before i bought them. So now im hoping they pattern well. LikeI said, i havent been able to pattern them yet, but wouldnt you at least assume they would at least throw a decent pattern???Thanks for any help you have.