HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - question for all you carbon gurus...
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 09:32 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: question for all you carbon gurus...

ORIGINAL: Wyvern Crossbow

From the research I have done, crossbow arrows are basicly a 400 spine, but they are the standard 22 diameter so you really cant use a 400 arrow shaft as the diameter is too small. The only real diferance is in thickness and weight of the shaft, but being so short, there is no real archers paradox to contend with, so the spine is almost moot. So long as it is stiff enough to absorb the shock without folding, the real diferance will be final weight and straightness. OH...and if it is camo or not
Wyvern

I've noticed that the higher the number the less spine the arrow has, 500 being weaker than 300, and the weight per inch also increases from higher number to smaller, but thats about it for "in general" information...
so say in the case of bemans ICS carbon arrows, are they all 22/64"? from what I've kind of gathered through various reading the beman thunderbolts are basically bemans ICS shafts, so would the 400 beman ICS camo hunter shafts cut down to 20" be the same as the thunderbolts? or 350's? or 300's?

I've asked numerous guys about all these uninformative carbon arrow designations and noone seems to really have any straight or useful answers...

I'd be interested in building some camo hunter arrows for my crossbow but the complete lack of information on carbon arrows for cross-referencing is irritating to say the least and is the main reason I never really got into carbon shafts to begin with, and itsmainly what keeps me uninterested in getting into them now...