HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - white collar/blue collar...
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:32 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: white collar/blue collar...

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Andy you are right on about the duck hunting. I remember a few yrs back I was at a diner and finished eating and I was leaving the place and over in the banquet room there some sort of group meeting, I saw a bunch guys in there with DU stuff on and what not, so I strolled over and asked if they were having a DU meeting, and one guy spoke up and said no, we are having a VA waterfowl something or another meeting. He then asked if I was a duck hunter, I told him no, I was too busy chasing deer, he then said "deer, what's that?" and laughed and said he has no use for a deer... I said great!! one less yahoo to worry about for me!! then I told him I was j/k and moved on.
Wasn't the Virginia Waterfowlers Association was it (VAWFA)?

If it was, depending on timeline then your definition of a "diner" might have to be checked out.... the early committee meetings were typically held at Hooters!

I am a member now and know the president well... I'm not going to even try to explain all the politics and background that group of folks has gone through, but it has really effectively split the majority of active pro-hunting waterfowlers right in half or even into equal thirds. If would take a fishing trip to explain it all.

They are of course pro-hunting, and most of those guys are infact pretty white collar (the president is THE legal counsel representing the VA Dept of Motor Vehicals... the guy Reb and I goose hunt with who has rights to some of the fields on either side of the Enon Bridge). Heck of a nice guy with a heart as big as the Texas sky. But there are plenty of folks who'd like to see him hung high... like I said... its a lot of politics and background... can't make everybody happy.