HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - white collar/blue collar...
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 08:53 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: white collar/blue collar...

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

We all know about the white collar and blue collar work force in this country, does this apply to deer hunting? If so, how? Would going on guided hunts be considered white collar? Public land be blue collar. Trophy hunting vs meat hunting?? I don't know if there is an answer, but I bet we can find out.
It for damn sure applies to duck hunting!

Quite honestly here Landon, most of the white collar guys that I know only deer hunt casually and are really not all that picky. Reason being is they often don't have time to be. White collar is a full time job (of course that depends, but often they don't have set hours like some folks do). I know Rebeccas father, for example, didn't hunt a single time this past season except for three afternoons in Ohio (his childhood home) during Thanksgiving. He works for Northrop Grumman doing manpower/nuke poweranalyisis.... at least thats it on the surface....

Folks who only get to hunt a few times a year are often not terribly selective when it comes to deer. Infact if you look at it from an objective financial point, who knows how much money I spent on hunting last year? Probably well over $2500 just in fuel and ammenities... not counting equipment. Thats aLONGtrip to waterfowl hunt in Canada.Now deer hutning... that depends because you can sink a lot of money into that for an outfitter... but think about it.... isn't it smarter to spend $2500 once on a good bet to kill a decent buck, while having all the leg work taken care of.... so that you can spend more time at work making money? Because the one thing most white collar guys agree on is that time is money, and its precious and fleeting. So if you think about.... it might be smartand saavy in that situation to just book a hunt and get it overwith.

Personally I'd rather spend 30 days chasing them and count my blessings along the way.... quality is of course important..... but hunting to me is sort of like crack to junkie... it ain't about how good it is.. just that it is....