HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .451 White's frist range trip
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 08:00 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: .451 White's frist range trip

While the rifle did real well on its first trip to the range.. It was only to check the scope to make sure I mounted it right. I had door knob sighted it at 13 yards and it worked. And even though it was a great group, it was only at 25 yards. I expect a good rifle to group that well at 25 yards, and the 1X scope is a great aiming device. The scope is not much of an advantage optics magnification wise, but it is a constant aim point on the target. So the rifle likes its load, it laid them in to a group real well, but the real test will be when I get back to some of the further distances with it.

I just ordered a Bushnell Browning Elite 3200 with firefly for it. I never had a Bushnell 3200 but Sabotloader told me they are good scopes so I respect his opinion. Besides, for $129.00 I could not pass it up. Firefly is a cool option besides having the rain guard and all that other stuff. You shine a flashlight through the scope for ten seconds and the cross hairs somehow absorb that light and turn green for up to two hours they claim. Should help in the low light conditions.