HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow making a "slapping" noise...***Update***
Old 04-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Finch

Default RE: Bow making a "popping" noise...

No sir, I did not. Like I said, I broke my bow down and greased the limb pockets with white lithium grease the other day. They weren't real dry but it did need a cleaning and reapplication. My cam timing is perfect. I moved the MeanV "sts" out the way, unhooked my limbdriver, padded the riser, moleskinned the cable guard from the LD string, checked to see if cams are hitting insides of limbs, and tied on cat whiskers. Also, I'm shooting the same arrows I've always shot with actually a lighter draw weight.I know my arrows aren't too light.

Just remembered Iinstalled brass nocks (speed nocks) on each end of the string just as Bowtech does but I haven't gotten around to putting shrink tubing on them. I highly doubt they are the culprit but I don't know.

I shot out of my blind again yesterday and still couldn't figure out what the problem was. This is my first time ever shooting out of a blind but I don't believe my bow should be this loud. I've shot around a buddy of mine and he remembers how quiet my bow used to be and now he can tell a difference. I'm stumped. I hope my arrow gets to that turkey before the sound does.