HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A new bow? Crusader VS. Hunter II
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 10:18 AM
True Position

Default A new bow? Crusader VS. Hunter II

Am I comparing apples and oranges here? Just for fun, lets talk about the performance aspects of these two bows. Lets say each is close to 60 pounds and 60" in length. Which will have the stronger cast? Which will be quieter ?
I like single piece bows so I' m thinking that shooting the Crusader might be a fun change while I wait for the single piece Hunter II to be introduced and since its not another recurve, would be a nice addition to my very small collection. (and leave room for anothe rfuture ' curve) Its not that I am politically opposed to a TD bow or anything....they just don' t appeal to me. I do think the hunter II is a very nice looking bow though, even if it does have screws in it. The price is a little closer to affordable for me too. That brings up another bow....the Falcon. Maybe I need to give that a fair shake too? Afterall, it comes in all the same wood combos right? How is its overall performance in comparison?

I really like my 56# Raven, but I think I may do better with a longer bow. (Went from a 62" curve' to a 52" and I shoot a 30.5" arrow)
If I had to, do you think a 4# jump is too much to handle in the 5 months left till season opens ?
Its not that I " need" a new bow, its just that I " want" a new bow....just don' t tell my wife.