HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Longer distance/outdoor League?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default Longer distance/outdoor League?

Does anyone have interest in an outdoor league at longer distances? I'm thinking a game that will have 30 arrows that would be ideal for us toshoot with our 3D setups (since most are higher poundage), and also be quick enough that we should be able to shoot it in half an hour to 45 minutes. Maybe different distances for each class so that HC and Open class 3D setups can be used without adding new pins for the HC guys, yet still keep it challenging for the open class folks.

I'd like to see3 different distances shot per round. My thoughts are that hunter class would shoot 10 arrows (2x seperate 5 arrow ends) at each distance of 20, 30, and35 yards. Open class would shoot 10 arrows (2x seperate 5 arrow ends) at each distance of 30, 40, 50 yards.

I'm thinking of using the 50cm NFAA Hunter Face target, and scoring as 5x/5/4/3/0. To give you guys an idea of how big this is, the white spot is just a hair under 4" in diameter. We will record X's to break ties. These targets can be purchased from Lancaster Archery online for about .75 cents per target.

So what do you guys think? If we see enough interest I'll start a sign up thread. And yes, if we can get this going I'll be shooting in this one.

Any suggestions guys?