HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey Roost Taxidermy
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
TurkeyRoost#2

Default RE: Turkey Roost Taxidermy

Some of those picture links I haven’t yet added pictures to. By the time I’m through with it I plan on having 30 or 40 different pictures through out the site. You have a very good idea about the list of pictures, so that people won’t have to keep hitting back. It greatly appreciates hearing different people’s opinions. Thank you very much for taking time and looking the site over and writing me about it. As for the pricing, we have one price for our standard poses “$650”. The reason we don’t have that on the there is because we like to talk to people on the phone instead of them seeing one price and going on. The reason we like to talk to people is because our taxidermy shop is the only one in the world that lets people pick any pose they want to and get it back with the correct anatomy. A lot of people out there only see mounts that are standard poses, such as Full Strut, Half Strut, Standing, Flying, and so on. We like our customers to pick something that is unique, maybe they see a picture in a magazine they like they can give us that. The way we are going to have it set up, people will be able to get on our website and find a standard pose they like and from there they can build a pose to their own specifications. An example: Someone likes the way a TR#1-full strut turkey looks, but they also like the way a TR#6-standing turkey looks alert. From there they could say, I want my turkey to be like the TR#1 full strut, but with the head and neck like a TR#6-standing. This will be a lot easier than someone calling and trying to explain to us how they want their turkey to look. It also takes all of the guess work out of it for us, so that we won’t miss understand someone and mount their turkey wrong. The prices don’t very hardly at all throughout specific poses. 99% of the prices won’t change at all. Talking to people on the phone I think helps out a lot because we can explain prices to them, instead of them reading it and maybe not understanding it and just going on. Before I’m done I might have the prices on there, I haven’t full decided. What do you think about all of this? I’m sure it might be confusing to read all of that. I have a few pictures on there now that show some of the unique poses that we can do, but we try to encourage people to find a picture for us of a live bird or to build their own turkey how they would like it. We have about 200 mounted turkeys in our shop at all times “we ship some out and mount some more at the same time so they aren’t all the same ones all the time” and I need to get busy and take some pictures of different birds. Let’s face it though, I’m not a very talented photographer and don’t really like taking pictures at all, I’m just a hick taxidermist way out in the sticks of northern Missouri HaHa.
Thank you again for your time and I appreciate all of your feedback,
The Turkey Roost
Drake Morris