HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need help deciding on string surpressor
Old 04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Swift Arrow

Default RE: Need help deciding on string surpressor

ORIGINAL: trestand

Sorry,I don't like or care for any string suppressers.They all make a "thump",and in my opinion,transfer vibration directly into the riser.Think about it,all of a sudden,all these bows "have" to have them.To me,I feel it's an design flaw that makes them a manufactors gimmick.Even though I don't shoot a Mathews,they have the only one that I would say is worthwhile.My new Katera XL,after shooting a couple hunderd shots though it,I removed the string suppressor,and with a pair of the right cat whiskers,it's much quieter,no hand shock,just a pleasure to shoot.As a matter of fact,it's quieter than my 07 Commander.I'm not trying to start anything,just my opinion.
Everyone makes choices...Bob
Oh, you couldn't be more wrong my friend! Mine completely takes the twang out of the string and there is no thump or smacking sound. Some of them do do that though but not the MeanV or the String Tamer. The Rattler is one, just play one of their cheesy videos and you can hear the loud smack I am talking about, you don't get that with the MeanV. Plus, taking the twang out of the string reduces vibration and transfers an insignificant amount of speed to your arrow.