HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whatsup with the trout?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 03:13 PM
troutslayer

Default RE: Whatsup with the trout?

Try fishing them closer to shore and near the bottom, also with trout i find them alot more weary in lakes, so try and go with mono line and i go with 4lb test. Yes they do like the moring and evening more just as other fish. Some lakes if they are more on the murky side they like live bait cause the live bait will actually give off small electrical signals and vibrations in the water that the fish pick up on which help them locate the food. And yes fishing them right after being stocked is never a good idea. I wouldnt go back for another week then they will be more then settled in. For stocked trout my favorite baits are corn, worms, wax worms, cheese, and powerbait during open water(find it doesnt work as good in winter) also instead of using just plain bait hooks i like to put small jigs or just colored jig heads with the bait on them, find it helps attract them alot more then just the bait itself. I also like to put a weight on then have the bait stationary but if that doest get you anything, take the weight off and put a bobber on then toss it out and let it slowly float back to shore, may help you locate where they are and helps with the natural presentation. Good luck the next time you head and congrats on your first trout.