HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How should we handle this?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 12:22 PM
ICALL2MUCH
Typical Buck

Default How should we handle this?

Guys,

My father, grandpa and myself just purchased a new piece of hunting property. It has lots of potential, and we are pretty pumped about it.

A problem that we have thought is my grandpa. He doesn't want to shoot anything anymore (deer or turkeys). I completely understand this, he just turned 70. He often hunts by himself because he is retired and Dad and I cannot get to the farm as much as he. Grandpa doesn't really hunt the wind at all, and doesn't believe in using any scent reduction tactics. We only want him hunting out of ladder stands, for fear that something could happen to him. But, he loves to be in the woods. He also likes the be right in the middle of all the action. My Dad and I have all the respect in the world for him, but we are REALLY trying to him to "hunt" the wind. We honestly don't want him going into our best spots stinking up the area with human scent, when he does not plan on harvesting anything, or hunting the wind.

Are we off here? What would you fellas do? We are learning that it is "hard to teach a old dog new tricks".