HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mossberg 500 Wood Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Newfield_Clay

Default Mossberg 500 Wood Upgrade

My current shotgun right now is a 12gamossberg 500 (500A more specifically) all in black/blue, with black synthetic stock and fore-end. I had to get rid of a lot of my safe when we moved cross country last year, and this is the only shotgun i decided to keep, because though cheap has always functioned perfectly for me, and it was my first shotgun, so i had some sentimental attachment to it.

Anyway, i WAS going to buy a special slug gun for deer season this year, and keep this one as a turkey/bird gun. But I was thinking it over, and think I would much rather just get a fully rifled barrel for it for deer season, and just pretty it up some with some wood. I've never done this before so I'm kind of in the dark as to how much this is all going to cost, or how to even get this done. I've done a prelim search on wood stocks for the mossberg 500, with very little reputable finds. Is there a site out there that i can get a good quality stock/fore-end from, so i can just do it myself, or do i have to take it into a gunsmith for a custom job? I saw lots of options for the remington 870, but like i said very little for the mossberg. In either case, how much is this all going to run me? ballpark figure...

Thanks in advance!