HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - more on the PGC's blunders!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:00 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: more on the PGC's blunders!

Well meathunter - you are right, the PGC does get input from concerned citizens. But this input is speaking on deaf ears. I personally have been sending emails to the PGC for years regarding anterless license allotments. I hunt in NC region (Clinton Co.) and NE region (North'd/schuylkill Cos.). I hunt our cabin in Clinton for bear every year and last year was the first time in 3 years that I had seen a deer. And I hunt from dawn to dusk.
Also, around my home in Northumberland Co., I've been noticing a dramatic drop in deer population. Areas that normally held a good population of deer you would be hard pressed to even find a track now. This year I walked a good 3 miles in one area after a snowfall and never cut a deertrack. Turkey, fox, racoon, and coyote, but no deer. I've offered to take the local wildlife officer on a 'hike' and didn't get a response.
IMO the PGC screwed up royally and it will take years for the population to bounce back in some areas. Maybe some people on the board that WILL LISTEN to the public would be a good thing.