HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st Gobbler..
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 1st Gobbler..

After a 1 1/2 mile hike into the swamp..I hear for the first time EVER ..the gobbling of a male turkey..I built a quick camo blind..and got out my Primos Freak..I returned the gobble with some yelping..After about 25 times of going back and forth..mixing mine with some cutting..it seemed his gobbles cam e from 100 yds to now within 50 yds..My gun is now up..It's been along 45 minutes of calling..then I spotted a dark shadow and then it disappeared..My shotgun is now on my cheek..and my eyes are clued..I see the turkey ducking and weaving through cypress trees..I've never shot the shells which I have in my gun.They are #4 Remington Nitros..About 25 yds out he steps into a 3 foot wide opening.I squeeze the trigger..he falls down dead.I had about 10 pellets in the neck aea..and only one in the breast..

I can't beleive it..I hike back and the man at the gate does the measuring..my wife and I just got done cleaning it..5 packages of breast meat and legs and carcass for the soup pot.
God is wonderful andI thank Him for setting me up .I wasn't even goingto go..but I kept feeling the inward urge to go..and I'm glad I did,
C7