HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should I be surprised?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 06:25 PM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should I be surprised?

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I honestly thought you'd see a little bit of a change in trajectory - but nothing crazy.Maybe just a nudge. Nudge meaning like an inch..??..I'm guessing the speed loss is under 20 fps.

Just seems like you should be generating more than 76# KE at 78# draw weight. Well, Ausie ran the #'s for mebased on my bow...I still need to shoot it through a crono to get it exact...Either way, definitely plenty of energy for any North American game.

As the arrow weight increases, added weight has a diminishing effect on speed - and trajectory. For example, if I stacked 65 grains on my 255 grain arrow, I'd see a big speed (trajectory) change. But, if I was sighted in with a 500 grain arrow, and bumped up to 565 - the difference would be much smaller. Yeah I went from around 465 to 524

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Carbon-Arrows/arrow-selection-guide5.htm This chart kinda shows how that phenomenon plays out.

Thanks Fran.. and10-4 onyour picture thread....that guy in his scivies holding the big buck.. LMFLIPPING ARSE OFF>.. I about spit coffee on my puter here.. thats a killer pix..