HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Springfield XD Compact 45 ACP
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 10:59 AM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Springfield XD Compact 45 ACP

First off, if installed correctly the factory plastic guide rods in a Glock will last for tens of thousands of rounds. If a person really wants a metal guide rod, they are readily available from numerous sources. There areother polymer pistolsthat have plastic guide rods to include Sig and Beretta.
I have replaced enough broken plastic guide rods for customers to know that they are no where near as durable as a steel guide rod.

Second, the triggers are easily worked on. I replaced the factory trigger(actually the connector)in my G27 in less than30 minutes, and that includes stripping thefirearm and polishing the components and reassembly. Cost me less than $15 bucks to boot.
The connectors are easily replacedyet it does very little to make a good trigger. There is only so much you can do with a Glock trigger. And many other triggers as well.

Third, the grip does present a problem for some with small hands. I have never seen anyone with average handsor largerhave problems in the grip department. However, Glock has recently introduced the "SF" series in the G21 SF and the G30 SF which is supposed to address this problem.
I am 6'2" 275 and the grip on most of the Glocksis wide enough that I can not get a full hold on the firearm. At least not enough to make me feel in complete control of the firearm. Iprefer to have my fingers wraped completely around the grip to give me the highest level of control I can get.

Fourth, you have a polymer pistol, so what's the problem with a polymer magazine? These magazines are metal lined and they are tough. I have seen Glock magazines take a lot of abuse.
A polymer magazine takes up unnecessary space inside the grip making the grip much larger than it needs to be.

None of them compare to a sweet looking 1911!
Now, that has a good grip.

Of course this is all just my opinion and whatI like in a hand gun. Every one is different. I am not saying that Glocks are bad firearms just they are waaaaayyyyy down at the bottom of my list of handguns.