HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 09:21 AM
burniegoeasily
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

I tell you one of the biggest problems with the outfitters around here, besides the fact they are outfitters, they w h o r e out the land and over hunt it. They will ruin an area and simply move on. I had an outfitter lease out some land next to mine, they ruined it for turkey and deer. It took about 10 years for the deer and turkey to rebound. They would take out clients every day of the season and kill anything moving. And since my land was next to this land, the same deer and turkey the frequent my land, frequented theirs. As for hogs, they simply push them off to other areas with less pressure. I really don’t care for the outfitters and their practice of ruining a stretch of land and move on afterwards. And I have seen very few, actually I’ve never seen an outfitter use land properly. Not to sound like sour grapes, but in my little town, there are 4 different outfitters. Mainly for geese. they have pushed all the geese from this area. I even told one of the guys who own one of the outfitters that he was going to do it. He told me, then it will be time to break that lease and lease up some new land. He was trying to get me to guide for him. I refused. He also stages animals for people to hunt. He does it with pheasant. He stuns the pheasant and places them in set locations. Take out the hunters for about an hour then leads them to the staged birds. Its sickening. Like I said, nothing more than hunting pimps.

Sorry for the rant, and appoligize to those outfitters who do it right. I just feel you guys are far and few between.