HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - scared of coyotes?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 07:04 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: scared of coyotes?

im not afraid of them...they are just afraid of you as you are of them...ive only ever seen 2 while hunting...1 was fall turkey it came by and i didnt know if my buddies uncle(his farm) would be happy or mad so i didnt blast it...BIG BEAUTIFUL yote...i still get made fun of for not feeding him a turkey load..and kick myself hard...

2nd was last fall walking into an archery spot of mine...was getting ready to enter the woods from the field and shined my light down the trail i was going to enter the woods on...there stood a yote...stand on my back...15yds away broadside...all i could think of was nock and arrow and try to get a shot! i could clearly see it was a yote...and dont know why it didnt bolt, but it didnt. i couldnt figure out a way to draw my bow and get my pins lite up and also get the yote lite up...he was lucky....heard him running around the far hillside after i climbed up but never saw him...

i DID have a gray fox bark at me this fall...hour before light..just setlled in my tree...it was ear piercing but also deep and raspy...he did it like 3 or 4 times..must have crossed my trail...scared me to death...i had no idea what it was but i was scared...i later found out it was a grey fox...i seen him twice while bowhunting and could drilled him both years...but it was before the season...maybe this year he will slip up and come by after he is fair game!!!