HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Second Gobbler This Season (updates with working Pics)
Old 03-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Default Second Gobbler This Season (updates with working Pics)

Killed my first of the season yesterday and went to a different spot this morning and killed number 2. I got this bird to gobble at a crow call just after break of day. He was roosted over an old logging road and I set up just around a slight curve in the road. He was roosted maybe 100 yards from where I set up. After I heard him fly down (I never yep to them before they do) I gave him a few soft yeps and he gobbled. Within 2 minutes he came walking around the curve. I dropped him at 35 steps with a 3 inch number 6 Heavy-13. I was back at my truck by 7am. Weight 16 lbs 9 oz (our swamp gobblers rarely weigh a lot) Beards longest strand9 7/8 inches, Spurs were 3/4 of an inch. 2 year old bird but God bless em they are the ones that will usually hop off the limb and run straight to you like that. I'm on a roll with birds on consecutive days. Too bad I have to interupt my hunting with a little run of work.