HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - knight rifle, power stem plug, blackhor 209
Old 03-26-2008, 04:10 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: knight rifle, power stem plug, blackhor 209

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

it's not giong to be easy. i laid down my master hunter cause i couldn't get consistancy from it after several years of trying i got tired of it and got the LRH. i like big target guns and it seemed to be built like a taret version of a muzzleloader. i haven't even shot it yet cause the triumph's came out and they seemed like a nice easy to deal with light to carry hunting rig. the maintainence on the triumph is night and day different compared the the kinghts. i love the feel of my t-hole master hunter but i hate having to treat it like a baby cause of all the parts of the bolt to clean and taking it apart each night. heck it even rusts in my house with a coat of oil on it. all the nooks and cranny of the action are nice collection places for rust. the dang thing rusts at the drop of a hat. thus far the triumph seems bullet proof. the weathershield held up to 3 days of rain/sleet/snow without any sign of rust.
I have a Knight Origonal Disc and a TC Omega and I know exactly what you mean about the Kight vs the TC and rust on the bolt and taking it apart with C-Tool. I am surprised that you can't find a consistent bullet for the Knight, Nosler Partitions with 100g of 777 and Crushed rib sabot work to 2" for me in it, even Am Poineer Powder worked good in it. Chap Gleason