HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rem. 700 or Browning A-Bolt
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Rammer
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rem. 700 or Browning A-Bolt

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

I was a long time fan of Remington up until their quality started dropping off. I know they still have their following. And I still own a few that are good shooters. But these rifles are at least 25 or more years old. I also have 2 Browning A bolts. Both are good shooters but both of them also need some tweeking. My 7-08 needed a bedding job to increase its potential and my 325WSM needed a trigger job. But both will now shoot sub MOA if I do my part. Frankly if I had to choose one rifle manufacturer for consistant out of the box accuracy it would be Savage. And from what I hear, Tikka and CZ are also getting a good reputation in this department. As for the new Remingtons, they just don't appeal to me anymore.
Thats weird, considering the A-Bolts are glass bedded from the factory...

The Remington CDL would be the only new Remington I would consider buying these days.

I have 2 A-Bolts that shoot really well, and I have a Savage that shoots really well. The stocks on the Savages leave alot to be desired, and by the time you upgrade the factory "tupperware" stock you just as well bought a better gun, like an A-Bolt.