HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New bow is in!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 02:03 PM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default New bow is in!

My 2008 Mathews Drenalin LD is finally in, here are the specs.

[/align]IBO Rating 315 fps

Cam(s) StraightLine perimeter-weighted Drenalin LD Cam

Draw Weightmine (70 lbs)

Draw Length30.5"

Axle to Axle Length37"

Brace Height 7"

Riser Length 29 3/8"

Physical Weight4.15 lbs

It should prove to be a sweet shooting accurate bow! In the past I havemostly shot my bows at 30"draw lengthbecause that is what most bows are maxed at. But 30.5" fits me like a glove,in addition to that the bow should bemorestable with a 37" ATA. These last few years, I am usedmy bows having around 33"ATA, so with this bowI may just shoot better/more accuractly? Also speeds should be about the same as my 30" Dren (320 IBO). Even though theDren LDis rated 315 IBO,with the half inch moredraw lengthI should pick up about 5 f/s, which will put my bow right at 320 f/s IBO.I don't know for sure about that becauseI don't have the bow set up with arrows justyet. But on paper thats what I figure it to be.Right nowI am waiting on a sight from G5, (Optix XR), a stabilizer from Doinker (11.5" Power Bar, Black 16.1oz). Andlastly I am waiting on the my sponsored Tru-fire 360Elite release to arrive. No its not a Carter, but hey I'll still take a $70 release for free. Everything else we have here in the shop, ripcord rest, mathews quiver, winners choice bow string, ACC 3-71 arrows,primos sling, hard bow case and a few odds and ends that I can't think of at this time. I admit its times like this that I am thankful I work in a pro shop and am set up with dealer prices and shop shooter discounts. Other wise I couldn't afford it!!! All in all this will be my most expensive set up yet, I hope she shoots as good as she looks/costs. lol When I get her fully loaded I will post pics and let everyone know how she shoots.