HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:06 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?

ORIGINAL: mez

ORIGINAL: BigJ71
Well if that's the case I suspect your bow isn't perfectly tuned.

We must tune our bows to our broad heads and hope for the best depending on the broad head we're using.
Here is the other crux of the argument, especially if you want to argue technicalities.

Who shoots a perfectly tuned bow? Is a human capable of tuning a bow perfectly? I don't think so. If they were they wouldn't use machines in this type of test.

You tune your bow to your shooting style and the arrows and heads you are shooting.This is not hoping for the best, it is the process you go through to achieve the best.
I totally agree Mez....We need to tune our broad heads to our bows using our shooting styles. We can get them (broad heads and field tips) close but they will never be perfect.

A machine can never duplicate how an individual shoots but that doesn't change physics. There is a lot of other factors at play when you talk field tips and broad heads two different animals all together.

I know what is possibe after I get my bows tuned without ever screwing a broadhead on,what makes them hit VERY close without even moving the rest to get them to do so?

I am not saying it is easy,but it is possible.(Without detuning)

I have hunted with many setups that wouldn't do it,but they were very tuned setups but just not setup to get broadheads and fieldpoints hitting the same,or very close to the same.

I can say this,I can't do it with my setups at my draw length and poundage with a WB.I have my theories as to why but that is enough for ME not to want one on my hunting rig.
TFOX,

I agree, some setups just seem to "come together" and you can get the broadheads and field tips to shoot close with just tuning your bow with field tips. I have found better results by tuning my bow like normal (field tips) then retuning, detuning, untuning, (whatever you want to call it) with broadheads. I find the two will shoot closer this way than just tuning for field tips.

Again different setups will yield different results...as you know there are lots of factors at play. But in the end I just don't think they can possible fly the exact same because of the different tips. Close enoughwhere most archers couldn't tell? I believe so, that's why youread a lot of "my broadhead flies the same as my field tips do" posts.The exact same?....don't think so.

Like I said a lot of folks would be VERY surprised if they put their "tuned" bows into a machine and found out exactly how different the two arrows hit.

It's not withthe bows tune or the archerthe problem lies.....it's withthe tips.