HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - the SAGA continues...
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 06:03 PM
MN/Kyle
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the SAGA continues...

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

My quest for the right mechanical Bh has ended because I couldn't find a single one that I didn't have a disagreement with.

I'm now beginningyet another quest for the right fixed BH. What I want is something that is at least 1 1/4" cutting diameter that does not have too much trouble flying with FP's. It has to be either a 3 or 4 blade. I'm currently shooting the standard Muzzy 3 blade but I don't like them because the blades always bend after each deer it passes through. I need a thicker than .020" blade, preferably at least .030".

I was looking at the Muzzy mx3 and mx4 but found some bad reviews on the flight quality of the mx4's. Can anyone attest to this?

I was also looking at the slick tricks and they claim to be field point accurate. A few guys have already backed this up. My reservation though, is the fact that there are bad reviews on the Muzzy mx4while the slick trick is also a 4 blade. It makes more sense to me that flight quality has to do withengineering rather than the BH being a 4 blade. However, it's still possible that a 4 blade simply by its nature (being a 4 blade) inherently has flight instabilities. Any thoughts on this?

Ultimately, what would you recommend and why?
G5 Striker. http://www.g5outdoors.com/#sec_striker

THEE best bh that has ever tipped my arrow.

100% Steel
Cut on Contact
0.030" replaceable blades

I've never touched a broadhead that was as sharp as the striker. I was in the same boat as you, trying to find the best. I found it in the striker.