HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stumbled upon a Murder scene today
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 02:18 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Stumbled upon a Murder scene today

Yesterday I went to my buddies store. On the way I passed this farm field where the farmer had just run his manure spreader. There were about 25 turkeys out there in the snow picking through the fresh spreading for tasty morsels.[&:] Anyway, my buddy was in the process of selling a car so I turned around and came right back. I slowed to check the turkeys and they were all gone. It struck me as odd. About then this big bird came sailing across the road in landed in a monster pine with the top broke out of it. I stopped and checked him out. Wish I'd had a camera. It was a huge eagle. We just sat there stareing at each other and I drove off. I figure he'd run the turkeys off but for some reason hadn't connected.. No doubt he could take one of them down in a heart beat. It was cool. Although uncommon, this area is included in the winter range of the golden eagle. This one appeared to have some splotches in him but he was too big to be a juvinelle bald eagle I think. He was all dark with some splotches...sort of.