HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for "mature buck" advocates
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 03:08 PM
MeanV2
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question for "mature buck" advocates

ORIGINAL: mnbirddog

Can someone please explain why it is that a lot of guys that will only shoot what they consider mature bucks feel that their demands outweigh those of people who don't care about the size of the antlers. I just want to shoot a couple deer a year (with hopefully one a buck). How big it is is not generally a factor (if I have two in front of me and can shoot either, I would try to shoot the bigger one). I would rather shoot a buck every year than a bigger one every couple years. Sure it would be nice to shoot a big one every year, but that doesn't happen to very many people. After reading the "what did you learn" post, it seems that there are several people who didn't get a chance at a "shooter" or big enough buck, and so didn't take one. And some people don't get a chance at any buck (though likely much of that is time spent in the stand). Wouldn't you have prefered to shoot one of the "lesser" bucks, than nothing?? Help me understand... It really doesn't make any sense to me, especially with a bow.
If that's what I wanted to do then that's what I'd do. Your ideas and goals may change the more you hunt but if not then that is Kewl! The main thing is to Hunt for Yourself and YOUR Goals, and above all have Fun!!! Enjoy the Great sport of Archery!!

Dan