HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - dogfood price-OMG
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Cara
Spike

Default RE: dogfood price-OMG

ORIGINAL: Doc E

ORIGINAL: bryant1
If he is like me it is not cost feasible to feed 6 dogs with 50 dollar a bag dog food. And not worth it either IMO
Which is cheaper -- A premium food that is $1.00 a pound and you only feed 1/2 lb a day

or

A food that is $0.50 a pound and you feed 1 pound a day?

Wy\ith the premium food, you are getting better nutrition and half the poop to clean up -------- for the same per-day cost.

Not to mention the savings on vet bills, and the benefits ofhaving a dog that is fitter and more resilient. Human athletes can't live off junk food, so why should a canine athlete be able to? If i've spent hours training and bonding with my dogs, I want them to live as long and healthy a life as possible. And like Doc said,who'd want to be measuring out 40+ cups of fooda day forfive dogs, and scooping enough poop for 10. All we'd ever be doing is driving to the feedstore andheftingbags around. While we pay $35 for40lbs of dog food, and $42 for 35lbs of puppy food, one sack of adult food lasts our four bigdogsthree weeks, and the puppy's lasts almost six weeks. If you're feeding a smaller volume, you are also decreasing your dog's chances of suffering bloat as the stomach will not be nearly as full.