HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bore Butter......
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Mastevt
Nontypical Buck

Default Bore Butter......

Well I stopped by Bass Pro the other day, and got to talking with the guy there in the ML section. Told him my woes with my grouping. He thought my barrel may not be seasoned, so he sold me some deep cleaning stuff from TC, and some bore butter from them also. Anybody ever hear of this stuff? Suppose to make your barrel seasoned, whatever that means. Anyways I'm gonna give it a try. I deeped cleaned it already and the stuff is in the barrel now. Says you can also use it to lube your sabot's. Anybody here do that? I also picked up some Pyrodex RS/ FFG, Barnes SBT's in 245 grn., T/C XTP's in 240 grn., and some Hornaday SST's in 250 grn., also have on order some Maxiball, and Maxihunter. I've never shot loose powder before, so this will be a new experience. Any suggestions on powder charge? and what not to load too. I don't want to overcharge with powder. It is a CVA, hunterbolt magnum. I removed the scope and reinstalled the rear sight as suggested from F.Gander, and NC Hawkeye. Hope to get out next week after doing some improvements on the stock.