HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 7mm. Rem Mag VS. .300 Win. Mag.....RECOIL????
Old 03-14-2008, 12:17 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 7mm. Rem Mag VS. .300 Win. Mag.....RECOIL????

7mm rem mag is comparable to a 3006, very tolerable. 300wm is a step up and at the point where comfortshooting maybe surpassed, like oldelkhunter mentions. The 300wm isn't terrible, I have just found it to be the place where recoil complaints start toshow upmore frequently.

As far as rifle design, fit is the most important thing. If the stalker fits you better then CDL then it will feel less & vice versa. If equal my experience is similar to Tom's (HEAD0001) browning abolts hits me a little different then M700's do, so I feel it a little more. The fact the CDL comes equipped with the R3 (sims pad) is a bonus but you can get one for any rifle so wouldn'tbe the deal maker over fit/feel and personal likes. Both are excellent choices. Howeverthe CDL isn't offered in 300wm for the LH version, so if you truly want CDL& 300wm your in a pickle.

From what you said(previous post)wanted the rifle for its not a matter of cartridge its a matter of what fits you right and then going with whichever cart. you want/like. Since you said you've always liked the .280 rem, you can either buystandard long actionand have it chambered to 280rem, look for a custom on places like gunsamerica, etc or buy a 7mm rem mag. If your not going to reloadtheRem Magwould be a good choice IMO as more load offerings for a wide range of applications (yet uses the same .284 cal bullets you like).

Good Luck