HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spoiling the Surprise.......
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 AM
mnbirddog
Fork Horn

Default RE: Spoiling the Surprise.......

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Have you had P@Y score it yet? If so what was the net score? Looks to be around 140" or so I would think.
That's the amazing part.......and I have to check his math and how they score these things LOL
I got 149 5/8" gross when I green scored him and the offical P&Y scorer got 145 5/8"
Exactly 4" lower and I took my time with cloth tape, marking tines the whole 9 yards....I got the same number 3 times in a row.
Anyway he came up with a score for my buddy frank's buck that was ALSO exactly 4" lower than our gross green score? So I'm not sure what we did wrong because man we were following the letter of the law on gross scoring.

Now here's the fun part and I think I need a second opinion. Because he is missing his left G2 (the broken base is only about 1/2" high) and even though it's obvious a point was there, the scorer said that the next tine down (his split G3) now becomes your G2 and you compare side to side that way.
So basically rather than matching tine for tine on such a symmetrical rack you wind up taking 2 against 3, 3 against 4 , 4 against 5 and it's nothing but deduction after deduction..... right down to his right G5 just becoming a straight deduction[:-]

Til' he was all said and done my net P&Y score wound up being 123 3/8"

Can anyone look at a 13pt typical buck with a 21" inside spread and 21" main beams and figure that it won't even net P&Y?

I'm still a little confused by it but hey it is what it is I guess and he's a 145+" buck in my eyes.
If he had that broken G2 the scorer said the only deductions would have been the splits and he would have grossed about 151" and netted around 143".

He would actually net P&Y if I would break off the right G2!!
I really like to know that you are not the kind of guy that feels that the inches are the most important part. You could break off the right G2, but that's not the dandy you stuck! G'donya!