HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - little advice/ just got info on my 401k
Old 03-13-2008, 07:46 PM
saltflyz
Fork Horn

Default RE: little advice/ just got info on my 401k

Good choice...seriously- think about this for a second. There is some decent advice offered above. $2500 is a decent little lump of change, but do not seek the help of a financial advisor- not nessesary for your rollover. This is a hunting website- and if you drill further down, you have solicited advice on investing and 401(k)'s on a blackpowder forum and you have 3+ pages of responses...Truthfully, I am amazed at the responses. In a good way, since most of the advice has been to invest and let compounding interest take over. Warren Buffet, John Bogle and many others have advised that average individualsinvest via index mutual funds with below average expenses. Thus, go to vanguard, Troweprice or schwab.com and do a little research...If I were you, I would roll it over into an IRA at Vanguard and put 33% in S&P 500 fund, 33% in Russell 2000, and 33% in MSCI EAFA index. (66% US stocks, and 33% Foreign stocks). Let it ride for 35 years and continually add to it...you will thank yourself one day! good luck