HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoyt Fast Flite Super Slam: Rest Question
Old 03-30-2003, 09:07 PM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoyt Fast Flite Super Slam: Rest Question

I wouldn' t get too all-fired extavagent with rests and sights and stuff for that ol' Hoyt. I' ve got a couple just like it and enjoy shooting them as much as any bow currently on the market. Problem with it is it won' t shoot like newer bows. The FastFlight isn' t a slouch, but most new bows will give the speed you get out of that one at 10 pounds less draw weight. You' d be better off saving your money and put high dollar accessories on a new high dollar bow.

Update your FastFlight with inexpensive stuff to get you thru while saving up for the new bow. For now, I' d stick with a basic rest like the GKF TM Hunter or Star Hunter (@$15) and an inexpensive, all metal, fiber optic sight, like something from Cobra or TruGlo (@$30). That setup won' t hurt your wallet too bad and is entirely functional. Doesn' t have a lot of bells and whistles or glamour, but it will put meat on the table as long as you do your part.